1. What is your favourite film of all time and why?
Cinema Paradiso because it's a great story and the bit at the end where Salvatore watches the film reel and it's a montage of all the kisses that the Priest had had cut from films over the years always makes me cry. It's a cheesy film, but I love it.
I think I've just been on my favourite kind of holiday. I love a city break but since I had Small Boy, I like something easy. A self-catering house, with outside space for Small Boy to entertain himself. Some culture, some time in the open air, the chance to wander round some nice wee shops and lots of lovely food make the ideal holiday for me. Guaranteed sun, but not too hot would make it absolutely perfect!
3. I spend a lot of time commuting - if you had a spare hour on the train, what would you do?
Look out of the window. I rarely get the chance to just sit and do nothing, so I relish train and bus journeys for just that reason (I commute to work by car).
4. What is the best sewing book you have read?
Last year I came across and borrowed "The Sewing Bible Clothing" by Wendy Gardiner from the library. I found it to be a really useful reference book and have since bought it. It's nothing fancy and the photos are quite dated, but it's really informative. I also love the Colette Handbook (although I haven't made any of the patterns) and an ancient copy of the Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Sewing.
Wovens. I have only sewed with knits once. It was OK, but I prefer sewing with wovens. I probably should try knits again though. Not least because I have some in my stash!
6. What is your favourite blog?
Aahhhh, that's so tricky! I have a real soft spot for Miss P because it was one of the first sewing blogs I discovered and I feel like I have an affinity with her because we are the same age, our birthdays are in the same month and we both have small boys. I think though, my actual favourite now might be Lladybird. She is so honest and candid in her writing, she makes me laugh, she is supercool and very talented, not to mention a very prolific sewer, with a sewing room to die for!
I don't do any other crafts. I would like to try quilting, but I only really want to make one quilt. My other hobbies include gardening, cooking and baking.
8. I am not a karaoke person at all, but if I were it would probably be "Mr Brightside" by the Killers, as it's my favourite song to dance to. Although that strikes me as probably being difficult to sing!
9. Sweet or savoury?
Mostly sweet but I do love cheese!
10. What is your favourite accessory?
At the moment, my new sunglasses. I finally got round to investing in a pair of prescription sunglasses this summer and I LOVE them! They are Calvin Klein and purple!
Only £50! :) Hmmm. Another tricky one, but I think it might be this: Deer and Doe Datura blouse in this coral habotai silk, perhaps colour blocked with something like this aqua colour? I actually have no idea whether this would work or not, but in my head it's gorgeous!
If there was any money leftover, I'd spend it on Liberty fabric!
So it seems that the Liebster award has different rules, depending on who you ask. This time around Joanne has given 11 facts about herself, so I will do the same. Here goes:
1. My favourite colour is green, hence my blog name, but at the moment I seem to be mildly obsessed with coral/orange.
2. I will be 40 next year (although not til December next year, which is LONG way away!)
3. I was Best Man for my friend Mark, at his wedding.
4. We live in a tiny 2 bedroom garden flat, but we love the area (and it has great schools!), so we hang on in there and buy lottery tickets every week in hope!
5. I have knobbly knees. But then you've seen photos of me. You know that.
6. I lived in London for 6 years, which I loved, but I love Edinburgh even more.
7. I love vintage furniture (again you know that from my Me Made May photo backdrops)
8. I really, really, really want to make more garments but just can never seem to find the time. I have so many plans in my head and most of them never get actualised!
9. I enjoy writing my blog more than I ever thought possible.
10. My husband and I have a bit of an addiction to buying art. We don't buy anything expensive, but most holidays seem to result in us buying just one more print. As a result, we have no more space left to hang them (see point 4). It didn't stop us buying another print on this last holiday!
11. My engagement ring is a sapphire. I really wanted a coloured stone, rather than "just" a diamond, so in the end I chose one with a rectangular sapphire and 2 (very small) pear shaped diamonds. It is my most favourite material thing in the whole wide world. It is beautiful.
So there you go! Obviously I am now meant to nominate another 11 bloggers for the award, but I struggled to do this last time, so this time I'm going to pass. I hope nobody minds.
Thanks again, for the nomination, Joanne! :)