Monday 29 February 2016

2016 Sewing Budget: February

So, February is done and dusted. Wasn't that quick? Even with that extra day in there. Actually we moved house on the 29th Feb, 8 years ago, so I guess that makes today the second anniversary of living here?

I did well on the old spending front this month, although I did nearly crack a couple of times! It sounds ridiculous, but when you are in the habit of falling for a fabric, and just snaffling it up, it's hard to get out of that mindset. It's also been doubly challenging in that I'm in a bit of a sewing lull currently and since my ongoing project - an Archer shirt dress in viscose - is a bit more challenging than my regular sew, I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to get back to it. Ordinarily I would perhaps sew something more simple to ease my way back in, and I have the perfect project in mind... but I don't have the perfect fabric for it. Looks like I'll need to find another inroad.

So, what did I spend?

I bought a pattern for shorts. I'm not actually a big wearer of shorts, and it's not summer, and I have no holiday plans at present. However, it's being discontinued, and I really, really like the pattern. When I do make shorts, these are the ones I want to make. And that was it. I'm pleased with that, even if it doesn't make for the most exciting post.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Woohoo well done! I know what you mean about cracking, I find Instagram especially hard for that, all those lovely new fabrics being advertised are hard to resist. After being so good in December and January and buying nothing but a few threads I spent almost £100 on fabric in February - it was birthday money though so that doesn't count, right?! Good luck with your Archer shirt dress, have you made the pattern before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Helen. It is so hard to not buy fabric when you see it. Though I do now have a project that I have nothing suitable for= excuse to buy fabric! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

© Grosgrain Green | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig