Tuesday 23 May 2017

Me Made May Pt 2

It feels a bit trite posting about clothes, given what happened in Manchester last night, but if life doesn't go on, they win. We have to carry on. I'm not sure what else to say on the matter really, other than my heart goes out to everyone in Manchester, directly impacted or not.

And so onto the trite clothes. *Weak smile*.


Day 10: Atelier Scammit Stockholm blouse again with chambray True Bias Emerson pants.

Day 11: Katy & Laney Geometry top in Cotton + Steel rayon

Day 12: Grainline Lark tee, hacked to have a stepped hem. Also Small Boy wore his Oliver & S shorts in Made by Rae baby cord, plus his Book Day shark hoodie (refashioned from a RTW hoodie).

Day 13: Named Sloane sweatshirt in Atelier Brunette sweatshirting fabric.

Day 14: Megan Nielsen Eucalypt tank in C+S rayon

Day 15: Tessutti Brigitte tee

Day 16: Little Tailoress Emmeline tee in double gauze, plus Grainline Moss mini

Day 17: Grainline Lark tee

Day 18: Grainline Scout tee in Atelier Brunette cotton

Day 19: Stockholm blouse again

Day 20: another Grainline Lark tee, plus in the evening I wore my I Am Patterns Aphrodite dress to a wedding reception

Day 21: Emerson pants again.

Day 22: Schnittchen Tanja dress in ponte

Day 23: Another Emmeline tee, this time in Liberty Tana crepe

Thoughts: I wrote on Instagram on Saturday that I feel this has been a rather dull Me Made May for me. I feel like I'm wearing the same things over and over, and there isn't much in the way of excitement, or fashion directionality. But I recognise in myself a need to get comfy and cosy and to be invisible (sartorially) from time to time. Usually when I am stressed, anxious, mega busy or all 3. And I've been all 3 with regularity this month due to everything else that's been going on. There are loads of handmade garments I haven't worn this month, because I haven't felt like it. And that's OK. What I will say though is that I have enjoyed what I have worn, and it's nice to know that I am making the things I want to wear, regardless of situation or mood. That's a win.

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. It's lovely to see your MMM post. We need a break from what's going on occasionally! I think you are rather harsh about your style, your clothes look perfect for a busy life and you have some lovely colours and shapes. Dresses always seem to stand out but I love the Stockholm blouse particularly too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well at documenting what you're wearing! I'm totally failing on that this year. I love your Stockholm blouse, and I think you always look stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your makes actually. They do look comfortable and suit you. I especially loved your Atelier Scammit Stockholm blouse in that nice bold black and white check. When I went to investigate the pattern on the site I was sad to realize it was all in French - I know a Canadian that can't speak French! I can...meagerly certainly but definitely not well enough to follow sewing pattern instructions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice group of outfits - I'm sure you've looked effortless as a result of choosing what makes you feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh, not everything has to be a diva outfit, and isn't it great when the things we feel comfortable in and wear like a second skin of camo are also me made?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

© Grosgrain Green | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig